<VV> Shrouds or No?

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:39:24 EST

Bob,

The heater and defroster questions are obvious but please give us further
explanation on the "turbo" and "wear" issues.  Why would these be effected by
missing shrouds?  Would there be additional wear to rings because the cylinders
never reach "design" temperature with related expansion?  I would imagine that
getting "on" the turbo a lot would tend to increase the operating temperature
in various parts of the engine and the missing shrouds would help some of
these parts.  Is that what you meant?  Would this increased temp aggravate the
wear issue of the rings because the piston/ring temp would rise even more while
the cylinder still remains relatively low?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Doc