<VV> re:gas tank questions

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:05:06 -0800 (PST)

If the 'anti-squeek' stuff is like tar paper,it goes on top,so the tank doesn't chafe/rub the underbody--you'll see a couple 'dents' that locate the tank..I've used ductape where the strap supports the tank,too,if there isn't enough.Also consider grounding the tank,sending unit,and filler neck by soldering w/ electric iron(NO FLAME) enough stranded copper wire to reach a good body ground point;just making sure to prevent static spark igniting gas fumes..Tom