<VV> RE: Seeking more Fisher Body tag info for 1965, 1966, and 1967

Kent Sullivan kentsu@corvairkid.com
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:53:10 -0800

Hi again,

Typo in my first posting... The final request should read:

1966 and 1967: Fisher Body tag info for any car with a TRIM code suffix
other than A or Z (not Y)

Thanks!
-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Sullivan [mailto:kentsu@corvairkid.com]
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 10:20 PM
To: 'Virtual Vairs'; 'fastvair@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: Seeking more Fisher Body tag info for 1965, 1966, and 1967

Hi,

As you may have seen in previous posts, I am leading a small team of people
who are decoding 1965 and 1967 Fisher Body tag option codes for Corvairs
built in the U.S. We are also adding to the work previously done by Larry
Claypool for 1966 Corvairs. We need your help in locating a few types of
Corvairs, to fill in some gaps in the cars we have surveyed so far.

In the requests below:
I refer to specific groups of options codes. On the Fisher Body tag, the
options are in the bottom left corner and are separated into sequential
groups, 1 - 5. The 1 is implied and does not actually appear on the tag.

I also refer to a TRIM code suffix. This is simply a letter, when present,
that follow the three digit code on the Fisher Body tag in the TRIM
location.

Here's what we need:
1965: Copies of any original dealer paperwork that shows with what options a
car was sold with when new along with the Fisher Body tag info for that car

1965: Fisher Body tag info for any car that has something other than W in
group 5

1966: Fisher Body tag info for any car with a code in group 3

1965 and 1967: Fisher Body tag info for any car equipped with the heater
delete option

1966 and 1967: Fisher Body tag info for any car with something other than Y
in group 5

1966 and 1967: Fisher Body tag info for any car with a TRIM code suffix
other than A or Y

Your help would be most appreciated. Results will be published in the
Communique as soon as analysis is complete.

Thanks,

--Kent