<VV> How to repair windsheild frame rust

Anil Mittal anil@anil.com
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:29:20 -0500

Hello All,

  I am in the process pr prepping my car to be repainted. An
unfortunate hit from my father-in-law caused enough paint damage that
painting the whole car was not much more than just the damaged parts.
In an effort to get a good paint job I took on the task of removing
all of the trim from the car myself. Most things went fine. I even
bought the special tool to cut the windsheild out. Once I got the
windsheild out I decided to clean up the frame with a wire brush on a
drill. I found that the lower corners of the frame had rusted in the
past and that someone had used simple body filler to fill the voids.
The metal continued to rust under the filler. I removed all of the
filler and wanted to get this repaired properly when it is taken to
the body shop. I have no access to welding equiptment nor do I have
the skill for it. On the passenger side the rust has spread to the
dash a little. I posted some pictures at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/CorvairAnil

  I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get this repaired
well. Thank you for your help.

Anil