<VV> Adjusting the clutch on my 64 Spyder

gary l funkhouser vms.inc2@juno.com
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:43:02 -0500

I also agree with Harry . I "pre load" the clutch rod assy. but use two
to three turns on the block. If you are using a newly installed clutch
cable, you may be getting a little "stretch" in the wire causing more
free pedal travel than is necessary. With a properly adjusted system, you
can't do any better than about one inch of free pedal with all the length
and different items that are needed to work the clutch. I like to have my
customers come back in after a few hundred miles for a readjustment of
the complete clutch activation assembly.

Gary
Vintage Motorsports Services