No Corvair <VV> (garage heat)

James Davis jld@wk.net
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:35:27 -0600

Not so. The modern ones with a SEER of 18 will work to 25 below F without
aux heat.  Ours only ran for 4 hours out of 24 when the temp was 14 to -8
Christmas eve. The scroll pumps are also really efficient.  Best to use a
geothermal unit if you need to heat where you have 10,000 degree days or
more.
Jim Davis