<VV> Re: Net Nazi and fathom green '69s

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:09:36 -0800

At 1732 02/01/2004 -0500, Rick & Janet Norris wrote:
>Nope! Hehoo laughs last probably didn't get the damn joke!
>
>The Lone Haranguer
>

>> At 0937 01/28/2004 -0500, PatioMatt@AOL.COM wrote:
>> >"he who laughs last........laughs best!
>> >Matt Nall
>> "He who laughs best, laughs good!"   -- The Joker, Batman, 1966

Don't start...  I'm primed with enough coffee to guide me through a bramble
bush patch to get to the other side just so I can argue with a sign post,
seeing as how I'm sitting in a motel room in Grand Rapids Michigan for ten
days while here for work related stuff.  Unfortunately not close enough to
Ypsi to go check out the CPF museum unless I rent a car and go on Sat or
Sun the coming weekend... and I'm budgeting.  Of course if anybody local to
GR MI was going that way next weekend...  I could go say hello and visit
with my (donated) beltline molding "chrome" trim on the Super-Monza.
Anyone know anyone else who goes places to visit car parts...?

I'm also feeling frisky because my buddy Bill and I went to Wade Lannings
place and liberated a Fathom Green '69 Monza from his stash of Vairs and
brought it back to Roanoke VA, where it will get some refurbishment work
soon as the weather breaks.   It's a project car which will need cosmetics
and some interior work but it ain't half bad and it's a pretty decent
beginning and certainly will be a fairly easy fix, needs an engine and
tires, no biggie.  And yes it's already in the FTF book and Mike has been
notified that I've taken possession etc.

Can one have too many '69 Corvairs?   (this will make 3 in the family fleet)

tony..

PS:   Wade has a *Really* nice '68 Ford Torino in his garage parked beside
the two Vairs, baby blue, purchased new by his wife in '68.  Nice.