<VV> tunnel brake line, again

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:23:29 -0500

Don't cut the line, whatever you do. Joints are bad enough, but joints
hidden behind a cover where you can't inspect them are death (maybe even
literally) in my opinion.
     The line can be bent quite a bit without taking on a permanent bend.
Bend it as needed to get it in, and expect it to reassume its original shape
when in place. If it doesn't, you can restore it with judicious rebending.
You can even keep/use your old piece as a guide, if you didn't destroy ITS
shape entirely in removing it.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Marc Sheridan
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 3:17 PM
To: virtualvairs
Subject: Re: <VV> tunnel brake line, again

Harry,
I just measured, there is 19" from the floor to the bottom of the car. And
yes, the area around the trans mount is what concerns me. Do you think I
have enough room to fish it around all the obstacles? I've been afraid to
try, thinking I may add new bends to my line that supposedly has all the
bends it needs.