<VV> I am back to Virtual Vairs!

Ryan Counterman vairking@hotmail.com
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:31:22 -0500

Hi Gang:  Some of you may remember me from a few years ago, I was fairly
active on the list.  Then I started college.  I soon found myself searching
for free time, and the email box was pileing up.  I had to make the
unfortunate choice to unsubscribe to VV until I had more time to sit down
and go through it all.  Well its been a few years, but I have finally been
able to have a little free time, and my mailbox isnt getting much traffic,
so I figured I would subscribe and get to know you guys once again.  A few
things have happend since I left, in June of 2003 I hit a dear with my
decently restored '65 Monza Convert, nearly totalling the car.  I have put
it in storage until I have the time to come up with a new front clip and all
the other things that went out with it.  Twas a sad day indeed.  On a
brighter note, in that same month, I went down to Warsaw, IN, and picked up
my latest project, a '65 Corsa Coupe, with a 350 SBC and Kelmark Conversion
kit!  As some of you may know, I had a lot of plans and dreams on turning my
convert into a V8 beast, and I thought that the Corsa would have all the
hardware needed.  Upon bringing the car home, and closly inspecting/cleaning
it up, we found that the car was in excelent shape, considering it had
probably been sitting in that barn for 25 years or so.  The motor was shot,
probably overheated, and the interior was junk.  But the floorboards were
like new, and there was minimal rust.  I stored the car over the summer,
because of lack of time and a place to work on it, but brought it to my home
in Kalamazoo, MI this fall and have been working on it whenever possible
since then.  A lot of progress has been made on it, as I am mainly doing a
mechanical restoration right now, and will then do the body/interior over
the summer/fall comming up.  Hopefully I will be able to start driving it
and work all the bugs (or most of them) out of it by the end of April.  I
have some online photo albums you guys can look at, I will try to update it
as much as humanly possible.  Looking foward to talking to you all again!

Regards

Ryan Counterman
VairKing@hotmail.com
VP~WMCC
'65 Corsa Coupe V8 Kelmark car
'65 Monza Convert 110/PG crashed stocker

http://wine.msn.com/