<VV> Replacement FC round mirrors

alan WESSON sidevalve@sidevalve.fsnet.co.uk
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:42:21 -0000

Officer Donut wrote:

> I am no FC expert, but Most all of the FC's I have seen have West Coast
Style mirrors on them. The rectangular ones that hang from the top and
bottom of the window frame.

Mine has those, and I dig them (very hip, man!). Good view out the back as
well. HOWEVER...

...while I was working on it last year I ran without them for a few weeks
(strictly illegal here) and I was AMAZED at the difference! Fuel consumption
improved by about 4 mpg (important @ $6 per gallon!), and it must have added
10 mph to the top speed.

In addition, all of a sudden I could hear myself think - and I could hear my
passengers as well!

I have put them back on now, but I can't help thinking it was a mistake...

Cheers

Alan