<VV> Communique mailing labels

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:30:25 -0800

Hello All,
       I am bringing this situation to VV as I have had no success
in contacting Harry Jensen and Mike McGowan with what I am sure is
an ongoing mail label problem with our Communique address labels.
       Starting last July, I have failed to receive Communiques when they
were mailed out on three different months. Harry was very efficient in
mailing out replacements but he will only do so after 10-14 days from
the time the batches are mailed out.
        Today I received the  January issue with the protective cover in very
good shape but with the label so loose that I was able to slightly bend the
cover and with a slight effort blow the label off the cover with just the same
breath you might use to dislodge a crumb from your shirt sleeve.
        I had previously discussed this problem with Harry and even sent him
jpeg pictures of my September issue's protective cover and how the label was
barely attached in a corner of the label. I am sending Harry and Mike this
month's
label so they may take it to the mail out folks and hopefully come up with
a better
method of labeling. I no longer feel that the problem is with USPS but I
now strongly
believe that the problem is our own and needs correcting. As a membership
chairman
it is even more frustrating to brag about the magazine and then not receive
it in a timely
fashion.

Chuck Armer

Corvair Atlanta, BOD