<VV> Communique mailing labels

Harry Jensen hljensen@comcast.net
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:58:39 -0600

Hi--

Harry's e-mail address is listed in the Communique as corsa@corvair.org.
You can also reach me at hljensen@comcast.net, not attbi.com.

>       Starting last July, I have failed to receive Communiques when they
>were mailed out on three different months. Harry was very efficient in
>mailing out replacements but he will only do so after 10-14 days from
>the time the batches are mailed out.

Chuck, were all of these non-delivery problems, or were they late delivery
problems? I seem to recall that on at least one occasion, you reported that
the missing issue turned up a week after the one I mailed to you.

>        Today I received the  January issue with the protective cover in very
>good shape but with the label so loose that I was able to slightly bend the
>cover and with a slight effort blow the label off the cover with just the same
>breath you might use to dislodge a crumb from your shirt sleeve.
>        I had previously discussed this problem with Harry and even sent him
>jpeg pictures of my September issue's protective cover and how the label was
>barely attached in a corner of the label. I am sending Harry and Mike this
>month's
>label so they may take it to the mail out folks and hopefully come up with
>a better
>method of labeling. I no longer feel that the problem is with USPS but I
>now strongly
>believe that the problem is our own and needs correcting. As a membership
>chairman
>it is even more frustrating to brag about the magazine and then not
>receive it in a timely fashion.

The problem very well be one of our vendor, but if it were a wide spread
problem, Mike and I would be deluged by requests for replacement issues.
We're not. On VV, we've had one other report of loose labels, and that's
all, out of 300 or 400 CORSA members?

I will again report the problem to the vendor. If the problem persists, we
will have to consider changing vendors.

--H