<VV> 66 Monza on ebay (Humor)

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:54:57 -0800

At 2238 02/04/2004 +0000, alan WESSON wrote:
>Tony wrote:
>
>> Bring that sedan to the shop some spring and we'll break out the beating
>> bag and the mallets and we'll hammer out a couple of patch panels.
>
>Done! Must make sure I do it before it ships (a while yet) - in the UK it
>would cost a fortune and be a nightmare, and it would be needed for the
>inspection!
>
>Thanks, Tony...

Hey, rescuing Vairs is a rewarding pastime.

I'll assume that Mike is already planning on visiting the shop with his car
for some refurbishment... we could do the two of them up in one swell foop.

>Cheers
>
>Alan
>
>P.S. Must learn to weld some time.

Me too... I'm still a jackleg in my opinion.   But so far, the stuff I've
gummed together is still together, far as I know.  At Least my '60 4-door
is.  I suppose that appearance is secondary as long as the weld is
secure...  good thing, since much of my welding tends to lean towards the
chewed gum category.

>P.P.S. Do you realise mine is worse than that, and that the rust goes behind
>the door hinge, so it is necessary to remove the door?

If it once worked, it can be fixed.

tony..