<VV> voting for Forbes worst car (was Corvairs in Print)

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:02:15 -0500

I vote for the Shove-it Diesel!  A friend of mine owned one of them...

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa cvt.
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Schug [mailto:bwschug@globalvision.net]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 1:51 PM
To: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
Subject: Re: <VV> voting for Forbes worst car (was Corvairs in Print)

On Feb 6, 2004, at 12:49 PM, Wrsssatty@aol.com wrote:

> <http://www.forbes.com/execpicks/2002/10/21/1021feat.html
>
> Fill in the survey for the worst cars made and yes those EM versions
> made the list.>
>
> Well for this to work (if we wanna keep our beloved Corvair from
> winning) we
> ought to agree to plunk our vote on one other model.  I suggest the
> Edsel.
> Not that I have anything against the Edsel but I think it probably has

> the best chance of "winning" against the Corvair.  Whaddy'all think?
> Should we plunk our vote on the Edsel?
>
> Bill Stanley

Right now, 145,589 people have voted and the two AMC products, Pacer and
Gremlin, are way ahead with 20 and 19% of the votes. The Corvair has
only 6% of the votes and is in eighth place. It doesn't look like we
have anything to worry about. I wonder how many times Ralph has voted.

I think most of these cars were only bad from a marketing standpoint. A
really bad car, in my eyes, is one with poor quality control and
engineering. I wonder how these candidates were chosen. Typically you'd
think of the Vega and Pinto being nominees for such a list, even though
I loved my Vega, until it fell apart.

I cast my vote for the Chevette.

Bruce

Bruce W, Schug