<VV> removing u-joints

Ryan Counterman VairKing@hotmail.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:19:34 -0500

<snip>
--- John McMahon <jmac2112@adelphia.net> wrote:
> Anybody have any tips for removing the old u-joints
> from the axles?

I wouldnt use my vise, I have actually broken a vise in the past using it to
press out u joints.  Unless its of really good quality, I wouldnt risk it.  I
usually soak them in penetrating oil for a long time, then use a slightly
smaller deep impact socket and a big hammer and beat the snot out of them
until they come out.  Then I beat it back the other way until it moves freely
and I can get a pair of vice grips on the cup to pull it off.  Good luck
John!

Ryan Counterman,  VP~WMCC
VairKing@hotmail.com
'65 Corsa Coupe V8 Kelmark; '65 Monza Convert 110/4sp
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/vairking