<VV> Spin-On Filters and Oil Bypass

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 02:00:26 EST

In a message dated 2/6/2004 8:05:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
greenbriergoon@hotmail.com writes:
Hey everone:

Is it a good idea to remove the oil bypass valve from the alternator mount
and plug it when adapting to a spin-on oil filter?

I may also be installing a sandwich adapter below the spin-on adapter for a
remote oil cooler.

Charles

The only reason to remove the bypasss is if you are adding a filter adapter
that requires the use of a filter series that contains its own bypass. If
thefilters you will be using have a bypass, you won't need one in the alternator
mount. When we routed the oil all the way up front to oil coolers and filters on
the race cars, we blocked the bypass to assure all the oil would make the
trip. A temp bypass sent it through the cooler only when warmed up. -Seth