<VV> Re: [FC] Spin-On Filters and Oil Bypass

David C. Herrin III source@adnc.com
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 23:00:26 -0800

* Greenbrier Goon * wrote:

> Hey everone:
>
> Is it a good idea to remove the oil bypass valve from the alternator
> mount and plug it when adapting to a spin-on oil filter?

No - if filter  ever plugs  the by pass feature is needed
same for oil cooler by pass valve.
I would suggest replacing with our US bypass valves and they are quite
in expensive.

> I may also be installing a sandwich adapter below the spin-on adapter
> for a remote oil cooler.

I would suggest using the stock oil cooler adapter location to route oil
to remote.
You can retain the factory oil cooler and add fitting to feed a remote.
David