<VV> a Corvair Question

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:57:42 -0800

At 1744 02/07/2004 -0500, Henry Kaczmarek wrote:
>Good afternoon
>
>I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
>
>I hate to ask another of "them thar Corvaira" questions, but I am at an
>impasse.
>
>The engine going into the Eastern ULTRA MONZA  was originally built to go
into
>a van, and a Van block was used.  I was ordering parts for the engine last
>week, and didn't realize that the plug for that hole that was in Clarks
>catalog is the dreaded NTFL---translates to "we are never going to have
this".

Well... you could swap the block out to someone who would likely gladly
trade you a car engine for the FC engine, or in lieu of that you could
leave the FC dipstick in place and not worry about it and wrestle it around
to get it out to read it, or you can remove the filler tube and plug the
crankcase hole with a welch plug or a bolt-in freeze plug and drill a hole
in the existing crankcase boss for a regular Vair dipstick.

By the way, I once had a '64 Spyder engine with YR stamped on the case and
sporting a cast boss for a FC/Wagon dipstick/filler spout.

tony..