<VV> Please Estimate/Report Recent Price

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:43:59 -0500

I'm involved in a transaction to buy a used 140hp engine from an owner who
doesn't know what to charge for it. I don't know what to pay, either.
     The engine has been stored for five or six years under good conditions,
comes with all carbs and shrouding. Although used, it was rebuilt not very
long before it was stored by a previous owner with a good reputation for
engine rebuilds (I'm personally familiar with his work, but he's dead now).
The present owner has no Corvairs, and wishes to get rid of the engine.
     If anyone has any recent experience in a transaction like this, or even
accurate knowledge of a recent actual transaction, I'd appreciate
suggestions as to the price of this engine FOB seller.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C