<VV> AN Fuel Fittings/Fuel Line More Information

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:47:03 EST

In a message dated 2/10/04 10:26:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
themoose@mindspring.com writes:
I would like to upgrade my fuel lines (in the engine compartment) of my 110
LM to use AN fittings.

I plan on blocking off the mechanical fuel pump to go to an in-tank electric,
so the amount of fuel lines needed will be reduced.

 If you want to completely replace the stock fittings/lines, I can provide
you with the part numbers from Earls Supply for the stuff you need. - Seth
Emerson

Okay More Information  -

Replacing fuel lines for the 110 motor.  I promised a parts list. For a
two-carb motor, you will need two of the hose ends that connect to the Rochester H
series carb. Fortunately, the H-series uses the same thread as the Holley
center-pivot models, 7/8" x 20. Earls makes a hose end that mounts directly to the
hose (-6 AN hose) and screws directly into the carb inlet - replacing the
large fitting. I would take this opportunity to replace the Bronze filters in the
carbs. I'm not sure the filters are compatible with the hose end, but it is
worth checking. The Earls P/N for this is 84909-3ERL  it is a swivel-seal hose
end - even when tightened, the hose will swivel around the end. An alternative
(Which won't clear on a 140 motor) is to buy fittings that screw into the
carb and present a -6 AN male attachment point for a regular hose end. The
adapter fitting is P/N 991943ERL for a straight and P/N 949093ERL for  90 degree.
Earl's has a choice of hose types. If you want light and don't care about
Stainless covering, they suggest the Pro-lite 350 hose. Stainless covering is a
Perform-o-flex. They also offer a cheaper alternative called Auto-flex. All of
the above are to be used with the swivel-seal hose ends. They are assembled, not
crimped.  If you want to use less expensive hose, use the adapter fittings
and have -6 AN female hose ends on the hose.  If you are going to run an
electric pump, you should run the hoses to the left front of the engine compartment
and use a hose connection to the metal fuel line over the wheel. - Seth

Note - All these items are shown in Earl's on-line catalog at
www.holley.com/earlsplumbing . That is where to look. All the items are available through
Summit Racing.