Fw: <VV> Jeff Brekke's motor mount

Marc Sheridan sheridan@bright.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:08:10 -0500

Ned, You've probably already have the info you want, but I didn't see it
posted so I thought I'd post a couple of testimonials for those that don't
know about Jeff's mount. I have one myself and would highly recommend it. It
is much better looking than the orignial mount and never a chance for that
dreaded sag.

Marc Sheridan

I can attest to Jeff Brekke's motor mount replacement as I am running one on
my 69 Monza convertible. It's slick, well made and it works as advertised.
Well worth the money.

Rick Norris First President
CORSA 1971
Web Page www.earth1.net/~ricjan/

Jim - Congratulations on the beginning of your Corvair Decade(s). I'm in my
second
(decade AND Corvair). The Clark's catalog imparts the following information
concerning the rear motor mount (check your catalog): the top under load is
supposed to be flat across the top, more or less. Keep in mind, even if this
mount fails, the power train will NOT fall down. What will happen is that
you will get metal-to-metal contact inside the mount, and excessive engine
vibration communicated to the body (and occupants). Bob Helt's book also has
commentary concerning this mount, somewhat in contradiction to the Clark's
position. If you should decide you want a new mount, and don't care to take
your chances with repros on which I have seen adverse reports on this list
(no experience of my own), Jeff Brekke has invented a very trick-looking
replacement. By trick-looking, I mean that: (a) it looks a bit different
from the original; and (b) it looks as though it might work better than
anything else you can get out there now. E-mail him at brek86@cs.com. He can
send pictures, prices, installation procedures. I think the rear mount is
about the only part of my car left that hasn't been replaced/reworked. Now
that I've said that, watch it fail!

Joe Potts Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C Jeff or anyone that knows him...

Original message from Ned:
I need your e-mail address for another motor mount admirer. I do have your
snail mail. You'd think with as many people ask me about his motor mount,
I'd keep his e-mail address handy. Thank goodness for VV.

Sorry for the interruption... Ned