<VV> Broken starter nose

Vairdad@aol.com Vairdad@aol.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:00:25 EST

I know everyone on this list has more knowledge of corvairs then I do. But I
have had 3 starter nose break on three different corvairs  after replacing
nose drove 2 of corvairs about 2,000 mi. and sold them the other corvair I am
still drivingwith about 10,000 mi since break. i do not believe any thing wrong
with motor just one of those WEIRED corvair things. I have met two corvair
mechanics of the 60s and both said broken starter noses was one of big problems.
Both said they kept extra nose in stock all the time. Vendors sell nose piece
I keep an extra in stock.
Corvair driver
Garland