<VV> Starter Question

66corsa@cox.net 66corsa@cox.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 9:07:57 -0500

snip--------------
I am not sure you would be able to hear the noise of loose rivets versus tire noise, but it might be worth a try.

Larry,

When my original flywheel went bad, it was noisy enough to hear over the large extractor exhaust I have on my 140. And it hadn't even gotten to the point where it was breaking starters.

If we are still talking about the 140 that will rotate two crank revolutions, I don't see how the flywheel could be the issue. It is attached to the crank and therefore turns at crank speed. The cam rotates once per two crank turns. I'm leaning towrds a damaged cam gear. BTDT years ago.

David V Clamp

1966 Corsa convertible 140/4spd w/ AC
Member: CORSA
        Heart of Georgia Corvairs - Vice President, Newsletter Editor
	Nader's Raiders

mailto:66corsa@cox.net