<VV> Turbo Carb leaking very bad! [[[SOLVED]]]

Michael Cassera corsa@defiancestudios.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:35:33 -0800

I pulled the float out of the carb today and it was filled with gas.  I took
the float from my EM carb and stuck it in there and the car is running like
a champ.  No leaks even when I put the regulator up to 5.5 pounds.

For the life of me I can't find the hole in the faulty float.

Thanks to all who helped me fix this.  Before this, the carburetor was just
a funny shaped hunk of metal that got gas to the engine.  Now I know its a
side draft funny shaped hunk of metal that gets gas & air to the engine and
has a float.  My ignorance level has dropped half a notch thanks to all of
you.

I'm very happy because I did some reading in the Corsa Tech Guide(yes, I
bought the book) and it looks like the Weber carb setup isn't the end all
solution for Turbos (and a costly fix for what turned out to be a bad
float).

Mike