<VV> Sighting and question

Dale Gillilan shorinjin@gmx.net
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:44:23 -0800

Earlier this week my wife and I saw a nice, deep blue Spyder
Convertible.  The driver was enjoying a rare Spring day of Puget
Sound sunshine with the top down.  Since I am restoring a '64
Spyder convertible, I was excited to see this car.  (Actually, since
we live in a sleepy town on Whidbey Island, I am excited to see
*any* Corvair.  It's the first one I've seen on the road here in several
years.)  We actually saw the car twice that day, so we got a
double thrill....

Now, my question.  I know there were 4,761 Spyder verts made in
'64.  How many were made in other years?  When did they start
the Spyder convertibles?  What got me thinking about this was
wondering what the odds were of having 2 of these cars on one
island....

Dale