<VV> Popular Mechanics & Corvair owner reports

Russell Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:06:39 -0500

As I mentioned in an earlier post, PM has all their covers displayed on
their website.  I've been looking at them as I get some time.  Tonight I hit
the 60's and I noticed that there weren't any "Corvair owners report" until
May 1965.  There had been numerous (almost every year) owner reports for the
Falcon, the first in April '60 and the Valiant, the first in May '60, but
nothing for the Corvair.  They even had one for the Chevy II, not long after
it came out.  It was as if the Corvair didn't exist or nobody owned them.

When they finally did the report in '65 it was listed this way:  "Corvair
owners report - How good are Corfam shoes?"  Almost makes it sound like you
better have some good walking shoe if you have a Corvair.

Could it be that the owners reports were so discouraging for the Corvair,
that the editors decided it was better to not say anything at all about
them.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member