<VV> Re: TIG WELDED STARTER RINGS

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:31:34 -0800

At 1216 02/14/2004 -0500, vairologist@juno.com wrote:
> smitty says:  Not that welding to cast iron can't be done but the
>starter ring gears aren't.  They are a much better grade of material I
>believe commonly called nodular iron.

I wasn't talking about the ring gear...  it's on the clutch plate anyway.
I was talking about the inertia ring and the flex plate which are two
different grades of steel, both welded together and in turn welded to the
iron flywheel.

>        And lay off those poor folks that use those electric fuel pump
>crutches.  They have a right to fill their crankcases with anything they
>want to just like us conventional people.

I understand...  I myself tend to be full of something on occasion...

tony..