<VV> Corvair still a little funny

Daniel Kinzelman dankinzelman@hotmail.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:52:02 -0600

Hi everyone

Thanks again for all your help.  It's really nice to be on the road again
(these are great cars).  While my car is running better, it's still not
quite right.  The greatest acceleration I can achieve occurs at probably 50%
throttle.  There's a specific spot, where the engine runs smoothly and has a
decent amount of power, but if I push the gas pedal 1mm past that spot, it
feels like its missing, and the power drops way off.  Anywhere past that
magic spot, the acceleration is substantially LESS (smooth linear increase
of power from 0-50% throttle, from 51-100%, power is significantly reduced
and running is rough).  In addition, the car still bogs off the line unless
I slip the clutch a lot.  What I plan to do is try resetting the float level
and drop on the driver's side carb.  I don't know any reason why this should
fix the problem.  The way the engine feels up to the 50% throttle spot makes
me feel like it would be a real joy to drive once I can use the whole range.
  In any case, it doesn't ping at all now, even on midgrade at WOT.  Thanks
again, and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Dan
66 Monza 110 4sp

Messenger  -  Wer in Echtzeit kommunizieren will, lddt den MSN Messenger.
Cool, kostenlos und mit 3D Emoticons: http://messenger.msn.de