<VV> bell housing bolt w/ saw mark

Gary mopar@jbcs2.net
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:40:51 -0500

You will note on either side of the motor there is one bolt where the head
is difficult to reach with a wrench. The notch is for you to draw the bolt
down with a screwdriver to make it easier and less time consuming. Thjis is
not "factory" but a tech tip to make the job easier.
Gary Swiatowy

From: "Williams, Rickie" <williamr@lindsey.edu>
To: "'VirtualVairs@corvair.org'" <VirtualVairs@corvair.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:03:00 -0600
Subject: <VV> bell housing bolt w/ saw mark

Tonight while detailing the bell housing bolts for the raffle car, I
discovered something that I think I have seen mentioned here on VV, but I
forget the particulars.  Of the seven bolts, 2 are longer and are for the
starter.  The remaining 5 have a special head.  One of these five has what
appears to be a cross between a screw driver slot and a hack saw mark in the
threaded end of the bolt. I have never needed to use a screwdriver to get
out any of the bolts, but assuming that this is a factory bolt, which hole
did I take it out of?
Thanks,

Rickie Williams
Columbia, KY