<VV> Interesting Corvair Day

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:45:16 EST

Well - The weather sucked, drizzley rain almost all day. But I picked up my
latest acquisition. It is a Canadian built 1965 Corsa Coupe. It has been
"sitting" a while. Slightly moldy interior, etc. But the body, except for some
front-of-the-windshield rust is pretty good. I did notice one Canada-only thing,
besides the ID plate and a unique body plate, the trunk was painted body color -
and repainted a different body color when the car was painted! Otherwise it
is similar to a US built car in every respect. The car has been through a
couple of owners in the last 10 years - and I'm not sure what I am going to do with
it. I may pull and reseal the 180 motor, and I have a few other items on the
car. Sport Wheel, etc. I am also picking up another 65 Monza 110/PG with a
very nice stock interior (see, it has tinted glass), but a so-so motor (Quote:
Made a little noise when I parked it!) so I may do a "two-to make one" scenario
and end up with a nice street 180 coupe and a racecar donor body. Anybody else
racing Canadian Corvairs, Eh? - Seth Emerson