<VV> RE: [fastvair] Interesting Corvair Day

Stan East sgeast@interlog.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:02:15 -0500

Of course! The old ice racer is a Canadian built 66 500! Now that you are
truly Canadian you will have to sign up for Group Canuck with Kent Sullivan.
BTW a quick check is the front fender top brace welded on the inside of the
inner fender lip? If so its truly Canadian.

I've attached a copy of the spreadsheet originally from Kent's website
www.corvairkid.com showing differences of late model Canadian Corvairs. I've
added a few more notes from our last CORSA Ontario meeting on Canadian
differences. Virtual and Fastvairs will wipe out the attachment.

Stan East

-----Original Message-----
From: sethracer@aol.com [mailto:sethracer@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 11:45 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org; fastvair@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [fastvair] Interesting Corvair Day

Well - The weather sucked, drizzley rain almost all day. But I picked up my
latest acquisition. It is a Canadian built 1965 Corsa Coupe. It has been
"sitting" a while. Slightly moldy interior, etc. But the body, except for
some
front-of-the-windshield rust is pretty good. I did notice one Canada-only
thing,
besides the ID plate and a unique body plate, the trunk was painted body
color -
and repainted a different body color when the car was painted! Otherwise it
is similar to a US built car in every respect. The car has been through a
couple of owners in the last 10 years - and I'm not sure what I am going to
do with
it. I may pull and reseal the 180 motor, and I have a few other items on the
car. Sport Wheel, etc. I am also picking up another 65 Monza 110/PG with a
very nice stock interior (see, it has tinted glass), but a so-so motor
(Quote:
Made a little noise when I parked it!) so I may do a "two-to make one"
scenario
and end up with a nice street 180 coupe and a racecar donor body. Anybody
else
racing Canadian Corvairs, Eh? - Seth Emerson

This list is for racing/modifying our Corvairs,and to buy/sell parts.
page for archives, edit your membership(digest,unsubscribe)
Post message: fastvair@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Groups Links