<VV> fitch wagon update

Jeff & Gayle Angelli gangelli@adelphia.net
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:44:30 -0500

hello all i was away in nashville as my son tested at nashville auto diesel
college . He is in and will be taking the auto body, custom painting ,and
performance fabrication curriculum.yes i am lucky . i took my bumpers and
parts to the chrome shop.To give you an idea in New York it was 340$ per
bumper but they will be show quality,the door handles 40$ each again show
quality,same for the rear hatch handle. I am getting a bullet mirror re done
,it was the same as talbot type used on mustang shelby`s .i bought it from a
cobra supplier ,it was pitted and nasty in one year. very poor quality chinese
flash chrome plating ,it will be done correctly now three stage plated
,copper,nickle then chrome like the old days . the door handles mirror,dash
surround and a studebaker avanti hood ornament ,also one year old and
pittingdue to cheap chinese plating were 310$ so my chrome total is
990$,though the stude part does not count . I still have to get the stainless
belt trim polished. not sure on cost yet . my total for body and paint work as
you see it on my webshots is 4,100$ that is rural western new york and my
buddy gives me a break. regards jeff angelli i was in nashville and only saw 2
classic cars the whole time,and i drove all over nashville and out to
franklin.one 65 mustang and one 48 chevy. maybe a couple late sixties pickem
ups count ,so 4 all together.It was 63 deg and sunny.In wny there would have
been classics everywhere.