<VV> Re: Heads on Wrong Side

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:14:24 -0500

> From: "Keith Hammett" <khammett@stainlessfab.com>
> Subject: <VV> Progress(forwards and backwards)

  I discovered that it does matter which head
> goes on the right and left side, the vacuum port tube is the only clue!
> did not want to look but had to.  Sure enough, I put them on
> the wrong sides!
-----------snips all around--------------
Smitty says:  Not a major deal.  Stick a 5/16 bolt or rod into the tube
and clamp onto it with a pair of padded vise grips.  Twist and pull and
it will come out.  Using a small drift punch go through the now vacant
hole and punch the plug out of the other side.  Put them back where you
want them.  A little sealant wouldn't be a bad idea.