<VV> Performance Engine Mods

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:12:55 -0600

Yep, the engine came out of my '69 coupe (I'm the original owner).  The car
has been sitting in my garage since the last 30 years and it's time to get
it back on the road.  Probably sell my '66 convert to finance the job.

Maybe I should put the original back in and find a used one to modify.  Or
maybe I should just part out the car -- posi, quick box, telescoping column,
rear defroster, rust-free body, etc.  No, no, no, I was just kidding!!!
I've put up with it in my garage for too long to do something like that!

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: BobHelt@aol.com [mailto:BobHelt@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 11:58 AM
To: Dave Keillor; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Performance Engine Mods

In a message dated 2/23/04 10:53:26 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
dkeillor@ultrex.com writes:

The engine is
currently in excellent condition (25,000 actual miles), but it's a '69 140hp
smog engine.

Wow a really low mileage stock engine. That is a rarity. I'd suggest that
you keep it or sell it as such. It's valuable. If you are thinking of
rebuilding an engine, please do it to a worn one. Get a used 140 hp eng and
then rebuild it with the mods you mentioned.
Regards,
Bob Helt