<VV> Performance Engine Mods

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:48:53 -0800

At 1258 02/23/2004 -0500, BobHelt@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 2/23/04 10:53:26 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
>dkeillor@ultrex.com writes:
>
>> The engine is
>> currently in excellent condition (25,000 actual miles), but it's a '69
140hp
>> smog engine.
>
>Wow a really low mileage stock engine. That is a rarity.

For that matter, a 140 engine made in 1969 is a pretty rare item regardless
of mileage.

>I'd suggest that you
>keep it or sell it as such. It's valuable.

I think I might have come in on the tail end of this thread... what's the
story on the car this engine came out of?  Anybody know what VIN is stamped
on the engine crankcase?

>If you are thinking of rebuilding
>an engine, please do it to a worn one.

I have to agree on this one.   With miles that low I'd not wanna tinker
with it, especially with its being what it is.

>Get a used 140 hp eng and then rebuild
>it with the mods you mentioned.

Again agreed.   A 140 core can oft times be had fairly cheap.  Tear it down
and go crazy.

tony..