<VV> Performance Engine Mods

Ron Guy qcc65@charter.net
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:20:36 -0500

Bruce,
    It's my opinion exhaust is the biggest restriction to getting street
muscle in a Corvair engine. You seem to differ with this and I'd like to
know your reasoning. I'm not taking a swing at you I'd just like to hear
what you have to say. You are one of the fastest guys at Corvairs In the
Curves every year.
Ron

Bruce wrote...
<For a STREET performance engine, forget the headers, "enlarged, angles
<exhaust tubes" and roller rockers unless you just want to throw money
<at the thing and plan to drive it like a maniac on the street and want
<to brag about all your mods.

<If you want to use all the best parts you can buy, put the roller
<rockers back in. Use a good dual exhaust system with some nice mufflers
<and be happy with it.

<Bruce