<VV> VDO Oil Pressure Sender Unit

Jim Simpson simpsonj@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:28:52 -0500

Not sure about the dimensions of the VDO unit, but I've got an electrical
pressure sender mounted on a hollow bolt that replaces the standard bolt
for the oil filter.  The sender mounts vertically over the oil filter.  Use
a quick disconnect to unhook the electrical wire when you need to change
oil filters.  You may have to work out a way to ground the bolt -- the
fiber washer electrically insulates the bolt from ground.  I use a
crushable aluminum gasket/washer instead of the standard fiber gasket.

I made my own hollow bolt -- I have a small lathe and had time on my hands
one winter -- but Clarks and Lon Wall among others sell them.

Jim Simpson, Group Corvair.