<VV> Corvair Video to DVD Project - NO CORVAIR

Bruce Schug bwschug@globalvision.net
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:51:24 -0500

On Feb 24, 2004, at 11:35 PM, Bill Hubbell wrote:

> Hello Folks.  Having recently added Video to Digital hardware and a DVD
> burner to my computer system, I am now in the process of converting
> some of
> my old taped videos to digital.  I have just completed the conversion
> process for several of Tidewater Corvair Club's copies of many of the
> historic Corvair movies, dealer promos, and advertisements.
> Unfortunately,
> the quality of our videos were not very good to begin with, and time
> has
> taken its toll as well, resulting in very poor colors and contrasts.
> Thus,
> I am interested in buying or borrowing high quality historic Corvair
> Videos
> for the project.  Once I have captured the videos digitally, I will be
> able
> to burn DVDs without any loss in quality, and the images and sounds
> will be
> protected from further degradation.

*SNIP*

Bill.

I'm curious as to how you're doing this. What are you referring to as
"Video to Digital hardware"?

Transferring a VHS tape to a DVD is a pretty simple process if you have
a digital camcorder.

Correcting color is a little more complicated, but very do-able.

I have a new iMac with a SuperDrive and a Canon Optura 20 camcorder. I
can easily play a VHS cassette into the camera, which digitizes it.
Then all I have to do is download the digital video into iMovie or iDVD
and burn a DVD.

I don't know the best software to clean the color up with. Photoshop
should do it, but something else might work better. Good luck if you're
using a PC!

Bruce

Bruce W, Schug
CORSA South Carolina