<VV> Raffle Car Update (sort of)

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:22:03 -0400

At 08:08 PM 6/30/04 -0500, J R Read_HML wrote:
>So, the guy from IL does NOT have the car and does not know the status since
>no one from KY has contacted him in over a week.  He had kept the $20,000
>bid on the table till last Friday (told them that on Wednesday).  At this
>point, since he has not heard further, the ASSUMPTION is that the car went
>to the bidder from Detroit at the $20,500 figure.

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on the internet, but it seems to me
that unless he's being very generous his "highest" bid should be his last
bid BEFORE the gentleman from Detroit entered the bidding.  If the
Detroiter does not complete the transaction, the other bidder should not be
penalized.

Just my opinion.  Your mileage may vary.

BTW, they could have avoided a lot of issues simply by drawing one of my
tickets.  <GGG>
Ken