<VV> LM Front Suspension Assembly

Barry Simpson bsimpson@uniserve.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:48:16 -0500

Hi Folks

I'm restoring a 66 Corsa and removed all the suspension to replace the
bushings and steering components. It looked pretty grundgy when I took it out.
http://www.auto-addiction.com/images/Front-Sub-Suspension.jpg
But it turned out to be mainly Texas red clay
http://www.auto-addiction.com/images/Subframe-Suspension.jpg
I've now had it powder coated and ready for re-assembly
http://www.auto-addiction.com/images/P-Coated.jpg
My problem is with the front cross shafts, once I got them out and cleaned
I could see that they have different part #'s
http://www.auto-addiction.com/images/Cross-Shaft.jpg
I've checked the factory assembly manual, chassis shop manual, Corvair
Basics, Richard Finch's book and the Corsa Tech Manual, none reference
which part # should go on which side. Is it intuitive once I try to
assemble them with the bushings? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Barry
http://www.auto-addiction.com/