<VV> Oil pump external leak late model

jryall@juno.com jryall@juno.com
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:14:34 -0400

I found a reference by lclc from years ago.  If he says it works, it
works!!  BTW, he wrote the words, I provided the capitol letters ;~)
John Ryall
Rear housing oil leaks
I find most leaks in the rear housing are from the oil pump idler shaft.
Oil will start to run out the top of the shaft where it is pressed into
the rear housing; only happens when the engine (and oil) is good and
warm, so it's a little tricky to catch. The fix is to knock the shaft out
and reinstall it with Locktite. Larry Claypool

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!