<VV> Re:Starter test tips.

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:38:14 -0400

VERY few battery chargers will flow enough current to spin that starter
motor and pull the solenoid in. You have to use a battery. Use jumper cables
and any currently (pun intended) running car. JUMP the STARTer.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 3:09 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Re:Starter test tips.

Thanks to the tips from the list on bench testing a starter - essentially
hook it up like in the car using the frame as the ground. I tried it with a
12V
battery charger and got good solenoid action, but no spin. So... I guess I
will
pull the starter from the car, swap in the good solenoid from the bad
starter
and test it again. Why can't this electrical stuff be as easy as building
carburetors :-).
Thanks again,
Grant