<VV> RE: JetHot coatings on turbo exhausts

Jim Simpson simpsonj@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:52:31 -0400

I originally did it all with their normal "aluminum" finish coating, but
when I replaced the crossover pipe after welding in an O2 sensor bung, I
had them coat it with their high temp insulating coating.  It's a rough
black finish, and as you said, it's supposed to be good to 2k F.  Doubt
I'll ever see those kind of temperatures though on the current engine.

It was good talking to you at Lexington, Frank.  If you are interested, I
can send you the data files from my instrumented run -- the software to
look at it should be a free download from Dataq.

Jim Simpson, Group Corvair.