<VV> Re: a 60 question

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 01 Jul 2004 23:15:06 -0700

At 08:20 hours 07/01/2004 -0400, NOSVAIR@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/1/2004 7:41:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:
>

>> I recently became the owner of a 60 sedan built in Sept 59. It has a few
>> oddities as 60's are prone to have, but noticed it didn't have the chrome
>> (stainless) license plate surround and no apparent way to install
one.Anyone
>> venture
>> as to whether this is true on the early earlies?
>>   Ed in Florida
>>

>Ed,
>  The annodized aluminium rear licence plate surround first showed up on the
>60 Monza.  EM 500 and 700 models never got one.

Humm...  the '60 Monza in the driveway doesn't have one and it was an
all-original car.  Likewise the '61 Monza a friend has.   And, on both cars
there are also no fastener holes to secure the escutcheon if it had
originally been there but for instance removed for some reason.     I think
we'll find that the escutcheon was first used on the '62 900s.   The 700
and 500 models through '64 didn't use the escutcheon.

tony..