<VV> ULTRA Style

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:24:22 -0600

	Up for sale is a slightly used ULTRA high quality piston.  I have
personally tested it for over 20,000 miles.  Only thing it needs is some
slight welding on the top to fill in the area where the valve top that
broke free from its stem punched its way through leaving a small 3 square
inch hole in the top.  Any way  so the enginge in my 63 is pretty well
toast.  Bits of aluminum from it got enough into the oil system to embeded
themselves in the rod bearings.  Shame as I had put a NOS head on the other
side back in november.   At least it was the non NOS head that had the
valve go out in it.  Needless to say besides the piston being destroyed,
the head is not fairng much better.  Truly surprised it made it back
without exploding.  When this happened a few weeks back as some recall I
was 120 miles from home and we removed the pushrods from that cyl and drove
it back, not knowing really what was wrong (sounded ok!  although we knew
it was very ill).  Anyway I am upset that that happened as it was a good
engine.  But today we picked up a 64 110 engine core from Del Patten.  With
any luck it might even run as is.  I just really do not want to build a new
engine right now.  So tommorrow comes analyizing this engine and seeing
what can be done with it or else get to the 95 engine I have that needs new
rings going.

-Geoff Johnson
63 Monza Cp
66 Corsa Cp