<VV> Rough running

vzd1s4am@verizon.net vzd1s4am@verizon.net
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 5:56:59 +0000

It could also be a bad carb.

One of them is probably running lean. Bring up your idle on both primary carbs to keep it going once warmed up and them cover the carb tops (all four) and see what changes in idle you get. The carb should be the one that the idle improves when you cover it.

Sherman Gossett

Well as you may remember my vair was running rough
(140) someone suggested I change the coil, which I did
but alas it didn't help. Once the car gets warm,
after 15 minutes of driving it starts to sputter and
die, it will run if you can get it up to 35-40 mph
but it is a struggle to get it up there. When it is
out of gear (neutral) I can rev it up and it runs like
a top, put it in gear however and it stutters and
dies. Any thoughts?

thanks
Kirk Eck