<VV> Batteries

Yenko119@aol.com Yenko119@aol.com
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 09:00:02 EDT

Working at a GM dealer gives you a little perspective on what comes in new
cars and trucks.

Most of the Delco's seem to work out all right. The '04 Grand Prix comes with
the new (?) Delco Glass Mat battery and that has been lasting much longer
than the others. When they first came out in April of '03 we lost a lot of them
(dead on lot) and our replacement cost (warranty) was $126.00 per battery!
Since then the failure rate has dropped to almost zero.

We are selling our Hummers with Optima batteries. Most new owners are willing
to pay the price given the amount of electronics they put on them and given
the heat and humidity, thus the load, down here!

Would be interested in everyone's opinion on the Optima...something from the
experts?

Thanks!

Bill "Swamp-Rat" Hadley
Baton Rouge, LA