<VV> Update to: numerous problems- help needed

Russ Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:47:56 -0400

Thanks to all who offered suggestions concerning my idle problem  Let me
bring you up to date on this problem:  Today I went through the linkage
setup again, following the instructions in the Corvair Basics book.  I did
find that the right primary linkage needed to be bent a little more to get
the throttle to completely close.  Also following Seth's advice I
disconnected and blocked the vacuum advance and set the idle, which I did
get down to around 800 rpm.  However, once I attached the vacuum line back
to the vacuum advance, the rpm's climbed back up to 1100+ rpm.

I can now put my hand on the right hand primary and the engine will stumble,
where before it would just keep running, so adjusting the linkage on that
throttle made a difference and probably fixed one problem.  The secondary on
both sides are still drawing a lot of vacuum through them.  I may take them
off and see if the throttle plates are not seating correctly.

The mid-range surging that I had before also seems to have cleared up, but
my fuel pump was dripping fuel out around one of it's gaskets.  tightening
down the screws on the top, seems to have fixed it for another day

The car seems to go through gas rather quickly for an economy car.  What to
others usually get on their 140 HP's?

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member