<VV> Zero Compression

Sam & Marissa Andolino mandolin@rochester.rr.com
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 07:55:29 -0400

On the way to the Concours qualifications, we lost 1,3 5 cylinders on our 66
Turbo.  Different people were thinking stuck intake valve.  Before taking
the head off the number 1 cylinder had zero  compression 3 and 5 had about
120 lbs each.   The head shows no sign of a problem and the piston has no
hole in it.  The question is, what could cause this to happen in such a
short amount time?  The engine has a little over 100,000 miles.  We were
thinking about having the engine rebuilt by having the heads checked/rebuilt
and putting in new pistons and rings.  We would like to cover all the bases
before putting the engine back together.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sam & Marissa Andolino
mandolin@rochester.rr.com
1963 Red Monza Convertible