<VV> Fw: Greenbrier Stumble, update.........

Gary mopar@jbcs2.net
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:28:34 -0400

Awhile back I wrote in mentioning the trouble I was having with my 63
Greenbrier with the 110 motor. It was breaking up and stumbling on
acceleration, and occasionally backfiring. But only after it has warmed up.
I received a lot of comments and suggestions which took me a few weeks to work
through as I am in the process of doing a motor change and a lot of other work
on my 66 Dodge Coronet, and had to prepare and run a 2 day car show on the
26th and 27th.
In any event, I rebuilt the carbs, turns out they needed it as there was a LOT
of crud inside, but the accelerator pumps were not bad. Made little
difference. Then checked all lines to see if any of the rubber was leaking.
Not a problem. Checked the plugs and they were fine. Changed the 2 year old
wires and that wasn't it.
\
Finally yanked the distributor and BINGO problem solved with a different
distributor.......lot of play in the shaft so I imagine the points were
closing up under hard acceleration and causing the miss........

Thanks to all that provided advice and gave me ideas where to look

Gary Swiatowy